Monday, October 12, 2009

San Mateo, Etlatongo


Today was the first meeting in San Mateo, Etlatongo. It was such an exhilarating experience. At first, when we first got there I saw a room full of men that were very serious. I gave my powerpoint presentation in black high heel boots, and a dress--totally over dressed. However, once I felt over dressed and got past the sweaty moments I brought forward my project. I explained to them the three projects I have in mind; Cuentitos (Story Drama), Talleres Imaginativos (Dramatic Imagination) and Cartelera (Original Works). I explained what my expectations were and what I am asking for. I got no response from them, not a nod, a smile... NOTHING. I had no idea wether they were liking the project or not. Once I was done, I had a slide that said “Preguntas?” Any questions? At first nobody talked but then the Municipal President stated how great he thought the project was. He said they will give me an answer by wednesday if the project is a “go” on their municipal. Afterwards all of the people that form his cabin stated how great the project sounded and that they feel very proud to have a Oaxacan come back and give to the community. It felt GREAT!!! When we were done with the presentation we got in the car ready to leave. However, the summoned us back, they had prepare some “Tortas” (Mexican Sandwiches). We talked a little more and they are very excited. I am so proud!


I am also very thankful that Amilkar brought us here. He took time off from work to get us here. It’s about an hour away from Oaxaca City... “thank you Amilkar!” We have a few more projects to present and I am grateful for what he is doing for us.


Kenny was my assistant projector, he helped me with my powerpoint presentation. It has been a great day today.

2 comments: